Wednesday 1 July 2015

Saint Anything



By Sarah Dessen


Genre: YA | Romance  | Contemporary | Realistic Fiction

Sources: Ebook, Overdrive, Library

Publisher: Viking Juvenile

Published on: May 5th 2015

Pages: 417 pgs  | 26 chapters

Purchase: Amazon

Sypnosis by Goodreads
Sydney has always felt invisible. She's grown accustomed to her brother, Peyton, being the focus of the family’s attention and, lately, concern.

Peyton is handsome and charismatic, but seems bent on self-destruction. Now, after a drunk-driving accident that crippled a boy, Peyton’s serving some serious jail time, and Sydney is on her own, questioning her place in the family and the world.

Then she meets the Chatham family. Drawn into their warm, chaotic circle, Sydney experiences unquestioning acceptance for the first time.

There’s effervescent Layla, who constantly falls for the wrong guy, Rosie, who’s had her own fall from grace, and Mrs. Chatham, who even though ailing is the heart of the family. But it’s with older brother Mac—quiet, watchful, and protective—that Sydney finally feels seen, really seen, at last.



My Review
My first Sarah Dessen book guys.

"Mimi, how can you call yourself a book lover if you haven't read Sarah Dessen before!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????????????????"

I tried once Lock and Key (or something like that) and just didn't get sucked into it. Saint Anything did though... I wasn't expecting it but this book got me hooked and I LOVED it. AND it had happy ending, what more could you ask for.

minor spoilers

Characters... hmm, Layla and Eric's relationship was pretty predictable and so cute, it was those 'i hate you at first, but i love you' which I find annoying in real life or tv shows... Ames was creepy from the beginning who wouldn't have guessed he was some creepy pedophile. The parents = stupid. Mac and Sydney's relationship was eh, I would have liked some kind of problem between them (cause I'm sick that way), but I'll take it. Peyton is....... human.

4/5





Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so feel free to express your opinion. I always comment back.